It has been a very long time since we have driven through the mountains. I was so engrossed with the views out of the car window that I forgot to take pictures. You will just have to take my word for it--it was spectacular.
This is the mountain picture I took by accident as I realized that the Welcome To Colorado sign had just whizzed by.
The road sign that I snapped instead
A cool little town, Trinidad, that I think we my have to come back and explore. It looked (from the freeway at 70 MPH) like it had a pretty impressive historic area.
It was only an hour or so until we reached our first real stop, Fountain, Colorado. Eric's nephew Jared, his wife Dee and their kids Lauren and Ryan gave us soft beds, good home cooking and lots and lots of fun.
Jared and Dee
Olivia with the cousins Lauren (7) and Ryan (4)
Silly kids!
Even Holly had a friend, Punkin.
We settled in for a much more comfortable sleep--with everyone in their own beds. It's amazing how much better you can sleep without a dog sitting on your head.







i love all of these pictures...thank you so much for sharing....have a wonderful time together!!!!
ReplyDelete