Today was my turn to drive. Since I am the one who is mostly in charge of the camera, we don't have a lot of pictures. I am a little disappointed that I didn't pull over to get a picture of Eric in his new makeshift portable cubicle--Olivia's pink blanket pulled over his head.
I'm also disappointed that I didn't get a picture of the Blue Mountains, but I was preoccupied with trying not to be blown off the road by the crazy wind that tortured us from La Grande, Oregon all the way to Cle Elum, Washington. It was pretty fierce. Going over Dead Man's Pass (no kidding, that is the name!) is scary enough--but with the wind? Yikes. I was driving when we first encountered it, and Eric thought I was just being a wimpy girl driver. Then, when he took the wheel---Ha! Not so easy!
Here are the few pictures we have. The first is another "Blowing Dust" sign, which we've all seen before. I was expecting the wind to follow the instructions on the sign and stop after 40 miles, but nope. It did not cooperate.
There was a fire somewhere in the distance. I'm guessing the wind did not help.
Here we are crossing the Columbia River into Washington. The bridge was bumping and swaying in the wind, so the picture is a little blurry. Notice all of the red dust in the air.
This is in the Cascade Mountains, near Snoqualmie Pass. After 250 miles the wind finally stopped. Now it's true Seattle weather. Low clouds and misty almost-rain. Pretty, though.
Next stop, Grandma's house!





All the your beautiful pictures are making me homesick. I am starting to miss the States.
ReplyDeleteWow! Your trip looks positively amazing! And you are making me a little "West Coast" home sick. Looks like a blast!
ReplyDelete