I think the weirdest thing about Roswell is how completely normal it is. To most of us, Roswell conjures up visions of UFOs, little green people and government cover ups. In reality it is about as 'baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and Chevrolet' as a town can get. We arrived just as the sun was beginning to settle into the early evening sky. There was a football team practicing at the high school, folks enjoying an after dinner treat at the local DQ and a softball game playing in a field behind our motel. With the exception of a brochure in our room, there was no trace of the crazy space alien business we've all heard of. I was a little disappointed...until we saw this:
A UFO McDonald's?
Here, kids can play with all of their favorite McDonald's characters in apparent zero gravity.
There is about a 2 block area tucked away in the very heart of downtown that looks like this:
Olivia and I just had to check out the UFO museum
The museum was very low-budget--it seemed to me like an over sized school science fair project. It did, however, have a few interesting displays:
An Anthropomorphic Dummy
The rest of the museum was a huge compilation of newspaper and magazine articles and copies of various altered government documents. The articles covered just about every UFO related subject including the role of aliens throughout history, accounts of hundreds of UFO sightings and of course alien abductions. I'm sure it would have been interesting if we had read them all, but we (Olivia) were not up to the task. They also offered 3 (I think) movies/documentaries that told the story/conspiracy of Roswell. They were all pretty long, so we did not stick around to watch them.












No comments:
Post a Comment