Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fun And Funky

Hey! Has anybody been to Durango, Colorado?  I have in college mumblemumble years ago, but I do not remember much about it.  It was winter and I do remember it being very, very cold with a lot of snow.  Since Eric has never been there (and I was drawing a huge blank about it) we decided to check it out.  

What a pleasant surprise!

We were first met with some fun and funky stuff on the way into town



I was surprised at how busy the city was.  It took us a while to find a hotel that first of all had a vacancy, and secondly was dog friendly.  Did you know that the Doubletree allows pets?  Me neither.  We scored the very last room, which happened to be one of those hotel rooms that doubles as a meeting area.  So it was huge!!  By the time we unpacked and got settled we were exhausted, so we ordered room service and went to bed. 


The next morning, Eric snapped a few pictures of the city from the hotel room.





 Durango has a quaint historic downtown area with quite a few little shops and cafes. 


We needed to get on the road pretty early, so we didn't have a chance to see much of the town.  This is a place that we will most definitely return to explore.  Next time we plan on taking the steam engine train that runs through town and through 50 miles of the picturesque Colorado countryside.  


Speaking of picturesque countryside




Remember when I was making fun of New Mexico being "enchanting?"  Well, somewhere we crossed the border from Colorful Colorado into New Mexico, Land of Enchantment and I didn't even notice.  I can't remember if these next pictures are in CO or NM. 





It all looks enchanting to me!

1 comment:

  1. would you believe i've been to durango?? SUCH a cute town! i love your trip. i wish you would have invited me. :)

    ReplyDelete